Provides you with an overview of the PHP language, main
concepts, and helps you develop and adopt the methodologies and best practices of
coding professionally in PHP. Participants will also learn on how to work with MySQL
This course will be conducted with interactive lectures,
demonstration, discussion and more practical exercises.
- Understand the syntax and structural elements of PHP.
- Know how to correctly apply the various control-flow structures.
- Understand PHP data types, type-juggling, and operator precedence.
- Organize code into reusable functions.
- Accomplish tasks using PHP’s wealth of built-in file system and array functions.
- Understand essential elements of HTTP such as cookies and sessions.
- Understand the basics of validating input and escaping output.
- Build forms to collect information from a user.
- Interact with a database using PHP’s MySQL functions
Pre-requisite: Knowledge of HTML and CSS. The class assumes some familiarity
with web sites – what they are and the very basics of how they work – but it’s ok if
you have no programming experience.
Target Audience: This class is suitable for non programmers and software
developers at a beginning level.
- Build dynamic web application with MySQL database connection.
- Build a secure website with different user privileges and flexible dynamic content.
- Be a back-end web developer.
- Getting to Know PHP
- PHP Basics
- Your First Script
- Understanding Variables
- Data Types
- Control Structures
- Logical Expressions
- User- Defined Functions
- Using Functions
- Arguments and Return Values
- Using Library Files
- Working with Numbers
- Numeric Data Types
- Numeric Functions
- Working with Strings
- Anatomy of a String
- Formatting Strings
- String Functions
- Working with Arrays
- What Is an Array?
- Array Functions
- Working with Dates and Times
- Date Formats
- Processing HTML Forms
- Submitting a Form to PHP
- Processing a Form with PHP
- Creating a Form Mail Script
- Form Validation
- Enforcing Required Fields
- Displaying Validation Warnings
- Enforcing Data Rules
- Working with Cookies and Sessions
- Using a MySQL Database
- Using MySQL
- Executing SQL Statements
- Debugging SQL
- Application with CRUD